Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Good bye Blondie, here is the new me....

Good bye Blondie, here is the new me....
Hey I needed a change....and my hair needed a break!
Hope you are all ok, here the cold has started to make its way threw...burr!!!!
Thanksgiving is almost here, I can almost smell it....Gus are you going to be around?
I've gotten so used to your presence here at this time of the year that it will be weird with out you here...
Greg won't be here this year as he is travelling on Tuesday for Hong-Kong and India and won't be back until the 28th of the month...
As usual we will be spending it with the Macaire's, my Jenny and her family and The Hanse family, my other Jenny, who has been joining to our table the past 2 years...I feel really blessed to have them in my life, they have become my family here.
We will be celebrating it on Saturday as the kids have school on Friday and we like to hang around and chat till late...with drinks of-course....
This year I'll be preparing one of my famous salads on entree....what else.....
As a main dish, a Chapon (a capon in English) a castrated domestic cock fattened for eating (much tastier than chicken).... sautéed with Marrons (chestnuts)...
Accompanied by my mom's famous grilled potatoes and sweet potatoes.....with a tasty cream mayonnaise...
Jenny M will be in-charge of the wine and Jenny H of cheese platter and desert...
Franc will be the only man as Greg and Stephan will not be here, so he'll just have to deal with all of us all by himself...
We need a man to cut the poor Chapon....and pour the drinks...and of-course to sit at the head of the table...
I wish you all a very warm, cosy, tasty thanksgiving, and know that I will be thinking of all you as we hold hands to give thanks...
Missing you
Warm thoughts
Andrea and the gang....

Me and Chloé...

No comments: