Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Everything is much better…

Back to camp…Well as I said there was NO giving in …I took them to the bus stop and he was giving me a very hard time, so finally I decided I would take him myself and try to settle him in his camp cabin, the car ride would also give us some time to talk about…my integration conversation with him…Chloé got on to the bus like a champ all by herself…
The car ride out to the school is about 25 minutes, the bus ride is a bit longer because of all the stops it does, so we would probably get there before the bus and it would give me a change to take a peek at Chloé’s class as well…
Took him in to his cabin, met his cabin mates and as I said the kids are much rowdier, bigger, and very forward…he looked so lost , finally one of the counsellors took over and said go ahead I’ll take care of him and of I went with a little pain in my heart.
I ran off to take a peek at Chloé’s class and she just looked like she’d been at the school all year, she showed me her friends so cute , I’m telling you she’s living a film…As I was leaving the school I saw two counsellors at the tennis camp, and hung out and talked to them for a bit I told them what a great Tennis player Dylan is and they were like why don’t you switch him to tennis camp, so I ran to the admissions office and asked for him to be changed , NO problem they didn’t even make me pay the difference, thank god because at least with the tennis since he is so good it would break the barrier. I waited for the tennis coach Mr. Toby and we went together to announced the news to Dylan. As he saw my arrival his eyes lit up and when we told him the news a huge smile made its way threw. There I found my Didu again…I was finally able to leave with some nice peace of mind.
At 4:45 I was already waiting outside impatiently to see his reaction….They both got of the bus with huge smiles. ‘‘So, how was it?’’ I said…. ‘‘It’s the best camp ever’’, he said! Those words sounded so good to my ears…Really? Yea mom , I loved it we play tennis all day and if I’m tired or it’s too hot I just say ‘‘me duele la cabeza’’( my head hurts in Spanish) I was like what ‘‘me duele la cabeza’’ DYLAN! you’re supposed to be talking in English not in Spanish…and we laughed like crazy…he later explained that they go in and play video games, so yea no wonder it’s the best camp, Tennis and Nintendo….what kid would not love that! Then I asked, and the bus did you have a hard time finding the bus because as I left him that afternoon I wrote the number 28 in the palm of his hand very big so he wouldn’t forget his bus number. No mom no problem when the lady asked me what bus I was on I said ‘‘ veintiocho’’ WHAT….Oh man I just kept thinking how am I going to explain this to their father…Well honey ‘‘We are in Miami!’’

No comments: